I have been obsessing over this dinner recently, and i want to share it with you guys. I made this for mum and I, when she came home late and I wanted to make something quick as easy. I whipped this up, and ever since have been using the same flavours. It has such a nice taste, and is healthy with the salmon, veggies and rice. I would describe this as an Asian infusion! The time it took to make the meal? 25-30 minutes including the rice. Winner!
Here is what I used (please improvise with your own ingredients too):
½ brown onion
1 red chilli
2 big garlic clove
2 salmon fillets
1 lemon, half slices half wedges
Olive Oil (I would have used coconut oil but Mum doesn’t like it)
1 big bunch Coriander
1 bunch Asparagus
1 small glass Basmati rice
Splash of white wine
1 TBSP Tamari (feel free to substitute with soy)
- First, put your rice on. I use a rice cooker, so use the ratio of 1 rice: 2 water. This always works perfectly for me. Let this cook away while you cook everything else.
- Chop all your ingredients, in any way you like. Have these ready.
- In a pan, warm some olive oil then place salmon fillets on the pan. Add half the garlic, and half the chilli, and spread on the fillets as well as in the oil. Slice some lemon and place it on the salmon to infuse. Place on low/medium with a lid on, turning after 5-7 minutes.
- In a fry pan, sauté the rest of the garlic and chilli, and onions for a few minutes, until they soften and start to caramelize. After this, add broccoli and cook for a further 5 minutes, adding a couple of tablespoons of water if necessary, I did.
- After most water has evaporated, add in the asparagus. Putting the veggies in at different times will ensure they are still crunchy, rather than soggy and boring.
- When the asparagus has softened, add in the zucchini. Stir fry for only about 2 minutes, then its time to add in the splash of white wine first, then tamari. Season with salt and pepper.
- Let this cook away for a couple of minutes. Your rice should be finished. Now add half of the coriander into the rice, and a squeeze of lemon, this will add extra flavour.
- Serve everything together, and top with the rest of the coriander, and avocado. Serve with a slice of lemon.
Every time I have the combination of lemon, avocado, seafood and rice it is always so delicious. Of course you can substitute ingredients, such as the seafood, seasoning, type of rice, and veggies you use, just use whatever you enjoy eating.
This is incredibly delicious, I hope you love it as much as I do, it’s my go to! Like I said in my ‘About Me’, I love making healthy yet delicious recipes, and this is one of them. Let me know what you think of it.
I would love to get to know you, so comment below.
Until next time!
Lots of Love,