This is my go to lunch, and I never ever get sick of it, it’s so tasty. My chicken stir fry is something I would easily have three or four times a week, I love cooking it because it’s healthy, delicious, and keeps me satiated. If you don’t like some of these ingredients, omit them! There are thousands of veggies, so add them in! If you don’t like basmati rice, feel free to use couscous, pearl couscous, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, or quinoa. As you guys may be able to tell, i am obsessed with white rice, and could eat it every meal for the rest of my life – so, if you are getting sick of seeing rice in my recipes, please do change it up!
I even change up some of the veggies I put in it, all the time intact, because this keeps some of the elements different. There are though always a couple things that I must use when making this tasty lunch.
Here is what I use: (serves 1)
2-3 chicken tenderloins, cubed (I always use this – if you are vegetarian/vegan use tofu or any other alternative)
2 TSP coconut oil (I always use this – read the benefits about coconut oil here)
½ brown onion, sliced (I always use this)
1 medium carrot, chopped lengthways
1 pack of Heinz Stem Fresh broccoli, snow peas and sugar snap peas
3-5 TBSP Frozen Peas
Squeeze of lemon or lime
Extra Broccoli (I always make sure I get broccoli in this meal, I love it!)
Homemade Tandoori Seasoning, see the recipe here. (Note – if you don’t have these ingredients use herbs and spices of your choice, I love using cumin and turmeric)
Basmati Rice, I usually cook about 1 small glass in 2 glasses of water, and use the rest the next day.
- First, put your rice in the rice cooker, or follow packet instructions accordingly if you are using a different method. Add in 1TSP of the coconut milk, and season with salt. Let this cook away while you get everything else ready
- Add into a non-stick pan the onion and chicken over medium heat. The onion will soften and add extra flavour to the dish later on.
- After the chicken has browned and the onion has softened, add in the carrot and extra broccoli, if using. You may need to add some water to fasten up the cooking of the broccoli, I usually use about 2TBSP
- After about 2 minutes, add in your frozen veg packet and peas, and turn the heat up to high. Add in your spices now. I like to season with salt and white pepper now too.
- Continue cooking until your veggies are cooked to the texture that you like, I personally like my veggies still crunchy.
- Once cooked, turn off the heat and add in the coconut oil and tamari. I find that putting these in last, the flavours come out more than if I was to add them at the start of the dish, where sometimes the flavour can fade away. Leave to sit and check on your rice.
- Once rice is cooked, mix through the squeeze of lemon/lime and add in the coriander. This will add more flavour, especially with the coconut oil added from before.
- Serve the chicken and veggies on a bed of rice and enjoy!
Here are some other veggies you can add if you want to mix it up:
- green beans
- baby corn
I love this meal because its so tasty, yet so easy to change and alter to ensure it can taste different if I feel like changing it up. Of course you can substitute ingredients, such as the ones mentioned above, just use whatever you enjoy eating, that is the most important thing, that you are enjoying it these meals!
This is incredibly delicious, I hope you love it as much as I do, it’s my go to! Like I said in my ‘About Me’, I love making healthy yet delicious recipes, and this is one of them. Let me know what you think of it.
I would love to get to know you, so comment below.
Until next time!
Lots of Love,