Holidays are probably the only thing on the planet that everyone loves. When people go on holidays, of course they aren’t following a usual routine, they may be going to the beach all day, going shopping, or just plain relaxing; that is what holidays are for.
Of course holidays are a time to relax and do whatever you please, but if you are wanting to keep active and fit here are some things you should do:
- Do something different. Do something that excites you, that gets you moving but at the same time makes you have heaps of fun. If you are near a beach, go on a sunrise walk, if you are in another country, explore the town on bikes, if you are at a beautiful warm location, go swimming! Doing little things like this will not only allow for you to stay fit without even realising, but you are going to be able to see beautiful scenery which you wouldn’t usually.
When I went to Bali with my boyfriend, we did a volcano climb which was challenging but so fun. We got picked up from our hotel at 2am, and got to Mt Batur at around 3:30am. When we started, it only took us about 1 hour and a half to get to the top, this isn’t long at all compared to the usual times – you can blame my “always wanting to be first” fit boyfriend. Since we got up there so quick, we were waiting under some tiny shelter for about an hour in the freezing cold, I did not know Bali could get so cold, it would have been about 8 degrees, oh boy was it a struggle! We got to see the beautiful sunrise and climbed our way down in the morning, being able to see the beautiful country for miles. This is an example of doing something out of the ordinary, it felt amazing and I would totally do it again for the experience.
- Take advantage of your spare time. When you are on holidays, you pretty much get to do whatever you want, whenever you want. If you think about it this way, you could take advantage of this by setting yourself an activity to do every day, or every couple of days. Whether that be a morning walk, a day time swim, or an afternoon workout, take advantage of the spare time you have on your hands.
- Make a routine out of it. Doing one little thing each day will get you into a routine, and each day that you wake up, you are going to be more likely to complete that task you have set yourself to do, because you will get used to it.
- Use nature as your gym: you are in a different place, so explore! Even if it isn’t a location that is too exciting, you are on holidays, after all it isn’t your home. If you walk and familiarise yourself with your surroundings you will not only get moving, but you are going to see things that you may not have ever seen before; maybe some beautiful flowers, a hidden beach, or a café with the best coffee you have ever tasted.
- Use the hotel gym or pool: If the place you are staying in has a gym this will make it so much easier to play around in the gym, or go for a nice swim. You won’t have to pay entry, they are pretty much always quiet so you can do whatever exercises you like. When I am on holidays I love going to the gym and trying random exercises that look funny or that I don’t feel comfortable doing in my usual gym – usually they are killer exercises. And in terms of the pool – nobody is saying you have to do laps. Frolicking is even something, or doing handstands, have fun!
Enjoy yourself! You are going to feel so great if you are moving, but remember you are on holidays so if you want to laze around all day and do nothing, then do it! Holidays are the best time of the year, so why not take advantage of the time you have off and do something you wouldn’t ordinarily do, you will thank yourself for it; not only will you come back relaxed and fresh, but even fitter and healthier than before.
I really hope that this post has helped you and that you gained a little bit of knowledge from me. I would love to get to know you, so comment below.
Until next time!
Lots of Love,